Date : 10th March 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope the return to school has been successful, and everything is settling down.
The news that we are expected to move to AMBER so we can return to limited face to face scouting from the end of this month is something we have all been looking forward to.
- Until 29th March, we will remain in the RED Readiness Level – so there can be no Face to Face Scouting until then.
- From 29th March, we will move to the AMBER Readiness Level – and are permitted to open our doors for OUTDOOR Scouting, with groups of no more than 15 young people, and 5 leaders.
- From 12th April, still in AMBER Readiness Level – we are permitted open our doors for both INDOOR and OUTDOOR Scouting, still with groups of no more than 15 young people, and 5 leaders.
Just a few quick reminders from us:
- You’re going to get a quite a few emails from the section teams about returning – please do read them carefully. While this is all going on we do need to make sure every activity is ‘Pre-booked’ so you will need to follow the link from the emails to parent portal to tell us if you’re coming or not. If you don’t ‘BOOK’ beforehand, we will have to turn you away which will be upsetting for all concerned. Please don’t put us in that position.
- If you haven’t already, please visit parent portal, login and check your personal details are correct – in the event something goes wrong and we have to liaise with NHS Test & Trace, we will need accurate details.
- Visit our Getting everyone back together safely webpage regularly. It has all the dos and don’ts and hopefully will answer most of your questions.
- Please, please be prompt with the arrival and departure times and remember to socially distance when dropping off/picking up. The email for the event will be clear about the arrangements, but we need to do our bit to ensure it goes smoothly and everyone is kept as safe as possible..
Watch this space for more information from each section in the coming weeks, but until then – Stay Safe, Look After Each other, and Be Kind.
If anyone would like to Join the Leadership Team or Group Executive for the 18th Ipswich, please let us know. We needed extra help before Covid-19 hit, now we need you more than ever to get the group reopened!
Denise Bloomfield (GSL) / Stuart Parker (AGSL)