Date : 21st September 2020

18th CUBS – Bringing Everyone Back Together Safely #1

Dear Parents and Carers,

Thank you, to everyone that has responded to the invite for the – Cubs (Bubble 1) Fire Making and Cooking night.  Unfortunately, we have now reach the maximum number of Cubs for Monday 28th September, for those who have not ‘Pre-booked’ for Monday 28th Sept 2020, please can you give me an indication of if you child intends to return to face to face – Cubs or if they would prefer to only do virtual sessions for the time being.

Our Risk Assessment is attached, on return there will be New Measures in place as to how we run a face to face meeting.

New Measures For A Return to Face to Face Scouting

  1. Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, or who has been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms (within the last two weeks), shouldn’t come to any face-to-face activities, and should follow government guidelines on self-isolation and testing.
  2. Young people who are shielding or are in another vulnerable group might not be able to return to face-to-face activities at this stage. If your child’s shielding or in another vulnerable group, please contact me directly so we can chat through some options.
  3. We’re also aware some young people, including young people with additional needs, might need new or different reasonable adjustments putting in place to support a return to face-to-face Scouts – again, I’m happy to discuss this with you.
  4. Further New Measures for making sure our activities are COVID-19 safe.

Don’t forget, we will be holding a virtual meeting (via Microsoft Teams) for all Cubs tonight at 7pm.