I hope you have had a great summer and it’s now an exciting time for us to get back to some face to face Scouting. We are now at a stage where groups and sections in Suffolk are again able to start meeting. Whilst scouting might look a little different from what we were doing 6 months ago, there are lots of activities that we can enjoy. With your enthusiasm and ingenuity, interesting and fulfilling programmes can be created.Continue reading “COVID-19 News Bulletin #14 – 10th September 2020”
Date : 10th August 2020
Our plans for getting back together at Scouts safely
As some of the government restrictions around the COVID-19 pandemic begin to be relaxed, we’re starting to plan for how we’ll be able to return to face-to-face Scouts activities at 18th Ipswich Scout Group in the future.
We’re all looking forward to being able to return, so I wanted to provide an update on how we’re approaching a re-start. Our restarting plans will follow all government rules and guidance from Scouts’ UKHQ. Our priority is to keep young people and adults safe.
An outline of how we will operate, following Scouts’ ‘COVID Code’:
· New control measures will be in place for all activities
· Additional hygiene measures will be put in place
· Social distancing will be observed
· Group sizes will be limited
· Adjustments will be made for young people vulnerable or affected by COVIDContinue reading “18th Ipswich – Our Plans for Getting Back Together at Scouts Safely #2”
The East of England scouting team from across Bedfordshire, Essex and Suffolk along with other superb volunteers, has created a Summer Challenge to bring daily amazing activities and challenges for young people over the summer holiday period… and you don’t have to be in scouting to take part…. just join in the fun.
You can find out more by clicking on the logo (left) which takes you to the Facebook page where there is more information and some feedback from those who have already taken part in the activities that started on Monday (17th).Continue reading “”
Friday 15th May 2020 – Rucksack Challenge at 7pm
As a group we are going to hold an online meeting (via Microsoft Team) on Friday 15th May 2020 at 7pm for the young people to participate in a Rucksack Challenge.You will need…
- Pen and Paper
We’d recommend joining ten minutes earlier, just to allow for any issues you may be when joining.You may need to download/install Microsoft Teams…
- Download & Install ‘Microsoft Teams’ from App Store / Play Store etc.
- then Click on ‘Join Microsoft Teams Meeting’ on the email
- then Click on ‘Join as a Guest’
- type in your name and click ‘Join Meeting’